5 WAYS TO PROTECT YOUR NATURAL TEETH
One of the most important things that you can do to keep your pearly whites all natural is to take preventative measures to ensure longevity. Maintaining a consistent morning and night oral hygiene routine will ensure healthy teeth for years to come.
1. Brushing Twice a Day: Brushing twice a day is one of the most important ways to protect your teeth from bacteria and plaque buildup. Brushing first thing in the morning is a great way to rid your mouth of the bacteria that builds overnight. Avoid cavities by brushing before bed. Nightly brushes remove food debris in your teeth that bacteria would feed on through the night.
2. Limit Sugary Foods: As tempting as it is to indulge in your favorite late-night treats, those unhealthy habits can result in cavities. Sugar buildup feeds the bacteria that cause cavities. There are many healthy substitutions to your sugary craving to limit your sugar intake. Try to opt for a healthier choice, and brush after eating!
3. Floss Daily: Flossing removes food particles stuck between your teeth and relieves your gums from irritating bacteria. Flossing will help prevent gum disease, as well as keep your gums and teeth healthy.
4. Use Fluoridated Toothpaste: Fluoridated toothpaste can play a huge role in preventing tooth decay. Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay by slowing the breakdown of enamel and increasing the rate of the remineralization process. Using fluoridated toothpaste can help prevent cavities, strengthen weak spots, and prevent early stages of tooth decay.
5. Protect Teeth from Injury: Taking extra precautions when you’re being physically active can help ensure that your natural teeth will stay intact. Whether you’re participating in an extreme sport, or a contact sport with a chance for an injury, make sure you’re prepared with a mouthguard to protect your teeth!
Now that know 5 ways to protect your natural teeth, make them common practice! If you have any questions on how to protect your smile, give our office a call Boynton Beach Office Phone Number561-742-8006 and book your next appointment today!